Please specify an amount before you click the 'Donate' button.

Amount must be at least $10.

Oh Dear!

You tried to edit a Chance that has already been Submitted for Verification. Ordinarily this is not allowed, but we try to be helpful. So please contact Pet Chance if you still believe you need to make changes.

Nice job!

You successfully created your Chance.

You can make edits to the chance if/as required. When everything looks good, click the "Submit for Verification" link and Pet Chance will contact your Pet's doctor to verify the information you supplied. We will then contact you when we get the verification. This should not take more than 2-3 days.

Well Done!

You successfully Submitted your Chance for Verification.

Once Pet Chance gets verification from your doctor, people can start making donations for Pearl. We will contact you when we get the verification. This should not take more than 2-3 days.

Ready to Submit your Chance?

Once you Submit for Verification you cannot edit your Chance. If you are ready, click OK. Otherwise, click Cancel.

Oh Dear!

You tried to Submit a Chance for Verification but it did not work. Please contact Pet Chance for some help. Sorry about that!

Owner: Arianna Z.
From Spring , TX
Amount to Raise:
View Donations
Status: Active.
Pearl was diagnosed with Parvovirus and Needs your Help!
Dollarsign Enter an amount you'd like to donate ($10 minimum) and click the "Donate" button.
Pearl's Story:

Pearl was diagnosed with Parvovirus and had to be hospitalized. I cannot cover the vet costs. Please read on to hear Pearl's story.

Yesterday 12/16 my best friend Pearl was diagnosed with Parvovirus. She had been sick for 5 days prior to her diagnosis with nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and extreme lethargy. I took her to the vet three days in a row (Fri, Sat, and Sunday) and exhausted my financial recourses just trying to find a diagnosis. She would not take any food by mouth not even table food and for those of you who know her know this is odd. I tried to force feed her, as per the vets instructions, but she gave me a hard time and vomited whatever I got down a short time after.


After a tough and agonizing weekend of doing test after test with no solution and her health declining rapidly, my vet decided to do the parvo test. Parvo usually affects puppies. Adult dogs rarely contract the virus, but Pearl did because her immune system was compromised due to the fact that she was on Kinavet to treat her rectal cancer (which has shrunk significantly and can now be surgically removed!)


After she was diagnosed, she was admitted to the doggie hospital and hooked up to an IV with fluids and vitamins. She is also being given Cerenia for nausea and Metronidazole (antibiotic).

I went to visit her today 12/17 and she seemed to be doing better. She is still a bit weak and slow to respond, but she was wagging her tail when she saw me and even gave me a high five! She has not vomited since yesterday morning and though she has no motive to eat on her own, she is tolerating the force feeds given by the vet. I am hoping I can bring her home tomorrow, but will have to wait and see how she is doing. The vet wants her eating on her own before he sends her home.


I am estimating that the cost of her stay will be between 1,500-2,000 (the cost was about $900 when I spoke to the vet this morning and will continue to rise the longer she is hospitalized). So I am asking for your help! All the trips to the vet, prior to her diagnosis, cost me $1,100 and I was struggling then to pay for it. Now with the hospital stay I am in over my head financially, but I was not going to give up on my Pearly girl! She is a tough dog who has been through a lot. Hey, she beat cancer! And I am doing everything in my power to give her her best chance. With your donations, I will be able to pay to for her hospital stay and treatment.

So please donate whatever you can. Even $5 makes a difference, heck even $1 makes a difference. If you cannot donate at this time, I ask that you please share Pearls story so that we can give her her best chance to beat this virus. I miss her so much and cannot wait to have her back home with me. So please help in whatever way you can.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance



All Chances complete 30 days after they are first Submitted for Verification by the Pet Owner. The reason they end at all is because credit card refunds must be issued if the funds cannot be raised and, therefore, the treament will not be provided.

So, if a Chance will not be fulfilled by a doctor/provider within 30 days, the money must be refunded to the people who made donations.

Shortly before the Chance completion date Pet Chance will try to work with the doctor/provider to see if the treatment can be fulfilled with partial funding.

Our goal is to fullfil as many Chances as possible!

We call it Pet Care Assurance...

At Pet Chance, our goal is to empower pet owners to make the right decisions for their pets. By funding Chances where owners have already incurred debt we are giving the next owner facing that daunting decision confidence to provide their pet with the care it needs.

The more Chances where treatment was already provided to get funded, the more likely it is owners (and vets) will make the right medical decision first, and handle the financial obligation after the fact.