Please specify an amount before you click the 'Donate' button.

Amount must be at least $10.

Oh Dear!

You tried to edit a Chance that has already been Submitted for Verification. Ordinarily this is not allowed, but we try to be helpful. So please contact Pet Chance if you still believe you need to make changes.

Nice job!

You successfully created your Chance.

You can make edits to the chance if/as required. When everything looks good, click the "Submit for Verification" link and Pet Chance will contact your Pet's doctor to verify the information you supplied. We will then contact you when we get the verification. This should not take more than 2-3 days.

Well Done!

You successfully Submitted your Chance for Verification.

Once Pet Chance gets verification from your doctor, people can start making donations for Deyjia. We will contact you when we get the verification. This should not take more than 2-3 days.

Ready to Submit your Chance?

Once you Submit for Verification you cannot edit your Chance. If you are ready, click OK. Otherwise, click Cancel.

Oh Dear!

You tried to Submit a Chance for Verification but it did not work. Please contact Pet Chance for some help. Sorry about that!

Owner: Violet M.
From crown point , IN
Amount to Raise:
View Donations
Status: Active.
Treatment has been provided!
[Why would I donate to this?]
Fighting for a normal life!
Dollarsign Enter an amount you'd like to donate ($10 minimum) and click the "Donate" button.
Deyjia's Story:

On May 31st of this year I received a call from my 10 year old son Jaiden informing me that Deyjia had messed all over herself in her cage and that my mom had found blood in her stool. When I came home I took her and bathed her arranging to take her to the vet the following day. Unfortunately while brushing her that changed. Her entire under carriage was black and blue. We took her to Calumet Emergency Vet and in such a short time period she became worse. Her platelets were at a 5 and she was cold and had to have a blood transfusion. They kept her in ICU for three days and sent her home after diagnosing her with IMT (Immune Mediated Thrombocytopenia) a very nasty and in some cases fatal disease. We took her to the vet and her platelets were at an 85 from a 2 the day before. We had great hopes. By Thursday the 6th of June she took another turn. She had no platelets. We rushed her this time to the Univerity (Purdue West Lafayette) in hopes of having better care. Her breathing was bad, she was lethargic and we were all scared of losing her. This time they were able to get her back to being better than when we took her down. They gave her chemo and did everything they could to get her platelets up and she was able to come home the following Monday. By Saturday the 15th she was back to not doing well again so we took another trip to the emergency vet then transfered same day to the University. This time it wasn't the IMT it was anemia, elevation in liver enzymes and she had pyometra (infection of the uterus) and we had to choose either to let her go or fight one last time. I had to give her the fight. Although being a single parent and not making much myself I couldn't think of life without her and said yes to the surgery (emergency spay). The surgery could be dangerous because of the IMT and her being anemic but I had to fight. She is like a daughter to me even though she is a dog. She is my family and I love her so much. She is now back home and had a bloody nose which we had to take to the emergency vet since ours wasn't open and then to ours the following day but she was ok. We have made it an entire weekend without having to go to any vet which is a huge step to me. She kissed me for the first time since being diagnosed today. It felt like she was thanking me for not giving up on her. I cry a lot now because I know if something happens to her again I will not be able to afford to continue fighting. I am a single parent and don't make very much myself.  I have borrowed from family and had to open a care credit account.  I have been spending all my free time with her and with being on bed rest myself that is a lot of time I am spending with her. My heart breaks thinking the what if but I know I am in the right now and will do what I need to in order to fight for a future for her. Her eyes are starting to look how they once did and she is eating and drinking. That to me is a start. Our family has lost both of my very close grandparents in 2011 and my grandmother, aunt, and great aunt in 2012 along with a pet and we don't want to lose Deyjia. Please help us in the fight to keep her going. She has already accumulated about $7,100 in medical and has to visit the vet once a week for the next few months and continue on medication. Unfortunately, I did not have pet insurance which I now stress to everyone to have because I know it would help. Deyjia, my family and myself appreciate any and all help in this trying time.


All Chances complete 30 days after they are first Submitted for Verification by the Pet Owner. The reason they end at all is because credit card refunds must be issued if the funds cannot be raised and, therefore, the treament will not be provided.

So, if a Chance will not be fulfilled by a doctor/provider within 30 days, the money must be refunded to the people who made donations.

Shortly before the Chance completion date Pet Chance will try to work with the doctor/provider to see if the treatment can be fulfilled with partial funding.

Our goal is to fullfil as many Chances as possible!

We call it Pet Care Assurance...

At Pet Chance, our goal is to empower pet owners to make the right decisions for their pets. By funding Chances where owners have already incurred debt we are giving the next owner facing that daunting decision confidence to provide their pet with the care it needs.

The more Chances where treatment was already provided to get funded, the more likely it is owners (and vets) will make the right medical decision first, and handle the financial obligation after the fact.