Menuabout   Menuchances   Menuhospitals   Menucontact  

Please specify an amount before you click the 'Donate' button.

Amount must be at least $10.

Oh Dear!

You tried to edit a Chance that has already been Submitted for Verification. Ordinarily this is not allowed, but we try to be helpful. So please contact Pet Chance if you still believe you need to make changes.

Oh Dear!

You tried to submit a chance that does not have a hospital selected. Ordinarily this is not allowed, but we try to be helpful. So please contact Pet Chance if your circumstances are unusual.

Nice job!

You successfully created your Chance.

You can make edits to the chance if/as required. When everything looks good, click the "Submit for Verification" link and Pet Chance will contact your Pet's doctor to verify the information you supplied. We will then contact you when we get the verification. This should not take more than 2-3 days.

Well Done!

You successfully Submitted your Chance for Verification.

Once Pet Chance gets verification from your doctor, people can start making donations for Diesel. We will contact you when we get the verification. This should not take more than 2-3 days.

Ready to Submit your Chance?

Once you Submit for Verification you cannot edit your Chance. If you are ready, click OK. Otherwise, click Cancel.

Oh Dear!

You tried to Submit a Chance for Verification but it did not work. Please contact Pet Chance for some help. Sorry about that!

Owner: Lindsey K.
From Edgewood, WA
Amount to Raise:
Breadcrumbs-arrow Raised:
Breadcrumbs-arrow Remaining:
View Donations
Status: Active.
$6000+ Back Surgery
Enter the amount to donate ($10 minimum) and click the "Donate" button.
Also donate $ to Pet Chance [Why?]
Diesel's Story:


He is my 6 year old daughter's Mastiff-Shephard mix. He is literally her very VERY best friend. They sleep together, watch movies together and play together outside. He is a loyal, loving, sweet boy and a true member of our family.

On the morning of January 26th, Diesel woke up unable to move his back legs. He was literally paralyzed in his back two legs and unable to get up. My husband and I sent our daugher off to school in tears as she was so so worried about her best furry friend. We took him to our local vet who confirmed our worst fears. He was literally paralyzed in his back to legs and feet and had no feeling what-so-ever. The vet explained that our best option was to take him to see a Neurologist as they would be able to tell us what happend before with an MRI. He suggested that this was either a herniated disk in his back that was pressing on his spine or a blot clot in his spine. Either way, he would need to see a Neurologist and have an MRI. We ended up at the Summit Vetrinary Referral Center in Tacoma and saw Dr. Demuth! He was wonderful but confirmed what our family vet had said. We immediately agreed to let Diesel have an MRI -- the cost of this alone was roughly $1800 but we knew we had to figure out what was wrong. Dr. Demuth advised that if it was, in fact, a buldging or blown disc in his back, the outcome to make Diesel better would be surgery. This was confirmed by his MRI. We were faced with the horrible reality that we either move forward with the surgery that would cost roughly $6300 or face the reality that our daughter's best friend would remain paralyzed, eventually getting worse to the point he would be completely immobile, unable to hold his bowels, and in all reality have no quality of life.  He is a very active, ball chasing, outdoor loving dog so the idea of him never playing outside with our kids again ... heartbreaking! How could we not move foward with the surgery? His tail still wagged and was otherwise himself... he was Diesel Pie (my daughter's nick name for him)! Without a second thought, we ok'd the surgery which was done last night and successful! He has already regained feeling in his toes and legs and is resting up today for tomorrow when they'll see what he can do. I was told by Dr. Demuth that this was in fact the BEST decision for Diesel and that he had a 95% chance of a full recovery. How could we NOT take that chance? Needless to say we now have a $6000+ vet bill that we cannot afford. I am hopeful that we can find a way but anything helps! Some times I guess there are just things you cannot put a price on and this was one of them! I will forever be grateful and have all intentions of paying it forward! 


All Chances complete 30 days after they are first Submitted for Verification by the Pet Owner. The reason they end at all is because credit card refunds must be issued if the funds cannot be raised and, therefore, the treament will not be provided.

So, if a Chance will not be fulfilled by a doctor/provider within 30 days, the money must be refunded to the people who made donations.

Shortly before the Chance completion date Pet Chance will try to work with the doctor/provider to see if the treatment can be fulfilled with partial funding.

Our goal is to fullfil as many Chances as possible!

We call it Pet Care Assurance...

At Pet Chance, our goal is to empower pet owners to make the right decisions for their pets. By funding Chances where owners have already incurred debt we are giving the next owner facing that daunting decision confidence to provide their pet with the care it needs.

The more Chances where treatment was already provided to get funded, the more likely it is owners (and vets) will make the right medical decision first, and handle the financial obligation after the fact.

We encourage you to support the work we do to help pets and their owners so we can continue to run

Our world-class customer service and national impact has honored us with Top Nonprofit awards from Great NonProfits. We can only do this thanks to your generous contributions!